Not much sewing…

I’ve been busy doing a lot of useful things, but not much sewing.  You may notice that I changed the font on my blog posts and titles.  I’ve wanted to do that for ages, but it’s the kind of thing I tend to put off for things I think of as more productive.  It feels good to get it done.

Today I’ve spent a lot of time struggling with various ways to do curved templates for applique.  I spent a fair bit of time with EQ5 this morning reminding myself how it works.  I managed to get the shape I want, but the quality doesn’t seem to transfer when I export it so I can put it in a pattern.  PhotoShop didn’t provide me with the results I wanted either.  I sent a question out to an online group I belong to and one of the members suggested I try Inkscape, so now I’m working my way through a few tutorials to see how that will work.

I also spent time yesterday adding some alternate sizes to one of my older patterns.  I’ll let you know when it is ready to be re-released.  I want to have some testers give it a try to make sure the new instructions make sense 🙂  I plan to add additional sizes to several of my older patterns as I can get to it.

In sewing news, I am almost finished with a new quilt top – a little more machine applique and then “all” I need to do is quilt, bind and it’s done!  My fingers are really itching to get working on the “No Prints Allowed” challenge that the Ann Arbor Modern Quilt Guild is doing too.

More soon…

1 Comment
  • Lucinda
    Posted at 11:37h, 12 May Reply

    Hi! I think you've been very productive…some of the hardest work is the behind the scenes stuff. Let me know about the pattern testing…and I like the new font, too.

Leave a Reply