Charity Challenge – February



I’m so glad to be writing this post today!  I have FINALLY recovered from my stomach bug (2+ weeks!) and am feeling myself again!

So here is my finished Butterflies quilt.  It was fun to make and nice, bright and cheerful always works well for charity quilts.



My thought for February’s quilt was something vaguely Valentine’s Day oriented.  I have a tutorial for a “Kiss” pillow that I made several years ago. It is a 12″ block with lots of half square triangles.  Now, I have made plenty of HSTs in my day, but the number I would need for even a 36″ x 48″ quilt was not doing it for me this time.  So I decided on a more direct approach; using 2 1/2″ strips and lots of negative space.  Most of my Charity Challenge quilts so far have not had lots of negative space, so, given how much I love it, it was about time too.  I called this quilt Connext and decided to use only two fabrics from my stash.  I bought a bolt of orange mottled fabric several years ago for a quilt I had planned.  It never happened and I’ve been using the fabric here and there ever since.  I thought red or pink might be a bit girly, so the orange felt right.  And, of course, I always have a bolt of Robert Kaufman Kona White on hand, so that was an easy decision.  The quilt finishes at 36″ x 50″.  You can find the free PDF here.

I hope you have a chance to use some of the #ehqcharitychallenge projects – if you do, please use the hashtag on social media so I can see them!

PS  Thanks so much for your patience with this late project.

No Comments

Leave a Reply