22 Sep Machine Quilting with Style!
I’m thrilled to be part of the Machine Quilting with Style blog hop today! Christa Watson‘s new book is chock full of amazing information about quilting your quilts on your home sewing machine.
I don’t recall exactly how Christa and I first crossed paths online, but I’ve been lucky enough to meet Christa in person as well. She is one of those people you just like instantly – enthusiastic, knowledgeable, fun and always upbeat!
|Detail of quilting on Rain – I love the use of colored thread!|
I knew Christa was an accomplished quilt designer and quilter, but I was seriously impressed by a half hour demo she did at Quilt Market last spring. My regular readers know that free-motion quilting is not my strong suit and I was blown away by the constant stream of ideas and information that Christa passed on during her demo. Machine Quilting with Style contains all that and more. Christa has included lots of information about batting, thread, pressing, setting up your quilting space, how to hold and position the quilt for quilting, stopping and starting, as well as 18 different quilting designs.
|Facets might be my favorite quilt – hard to say though!|
Machine Quilting with Style covers both quilting with a walking foot and free-motion quilting – making it the ideal book for those wanting to quilt their own quilts. Christa discusses each of the quilting designs and then shows a great quilt featuring that design.
Vote here for your favorite quilt and see if it is chosen for the quilt along Christa will be hosting in January!
Christa has organized a mega blog hop – check out all the participants below:
- 9/14 Start here at ChristaQuilts
- 9/14 Color Crystals – Vicki Reubel from Orchid Owl Quilts
- 9/14 Technicolor Backing – Ida Ewing from Ida Rather Be Quilting
- 9/15 Pearl Gray – Alyce Blyth from Blossom Heart Quilts
- 9/16 Broken V – Sharon McConnell from Color Girl Quilts
- 9/17 Candy Pop – Linda Hungerford from Flourishing Palms
- 9/18 Ripples – Melissa Corry from Happy Quilting
- 9/19 Little Man’s Fancy – Tina Guthmann from Mod Geometry
- 9/21 Square in a Square – Stacy Cooper from Farm Road Quilts
- 9/22 Static – Lee Heinrich from Freshly Pieced
- 9/23 Rain – Cheryl Brickey from Meadow Mist Designs
- 9/24 Lightning – Leanne Chahley from She Can Quilt
- 9/25 Facets – Kristy Daum from St. Louis Folk Victorian
- 9/26 Focal Point – Amy Garro from 13 Spools
- 9/15 Andover Fabrics
- 9/16 Amy’s Free Motion Quilting Adventures and Leah Day’s Free Motion Quilting Project
- 9/17 Do You EQ? from Electric Quilt and Darlene from Quilt Shop Gal
- 9/18 Jacquelynne Steves’ The Art of Home and Scott Hansen from Blue Nickel Studios
- 9/19 Moda Fabrics – The Cutting Table
- 9/21 Katy Cameron from The Littlest Thistle
- 9/22 Debbie Grifka of Esch House Quilts and Generation Q Magazine
- 9/23 Rebecca Bryan of Bryan House Quilts
- 9/24 Stitch This – The Martingale Blog and Riley Blake Fabrics
- 9/25 Michele Foster of The Quilting Gallery and Teri Lucas from TerifiCreations
- 9/26 Pellon Projects and Amy Ellis from Amy’s Creative Side
All images courtesy of Martingale and Brent Kane.
CeciliaPosted at 01:17h, 23 September
I love FMQ! Christa's book has some really great design ideas that I would love to use in my quilting. Thanks for the review.
quilterPosted at 17:24h, 22 September
I need to learn this, can't afford to pay to get all my quilts professionally quilted, thanks!
Anne / Springleaf StudiosPosted at 15:49h, 22 September
It's been fun to follow this hop. I'm with you Debbie in not loving the quilting part so much. It's a hangup I really need to get over.
quilterPosted at 13:29h, 22 September
This is fun, thanks for all the effort/work!