05 Jan 2010 Goals
I have set my goals for 2010. My goals tend to be similar from one year to the next as they help keep me on track with the important quilting things I need to do. Anyway, here they are:
- Design and make 12 quilts (not including charity).
- Have a new pattern/quilt to show at each of my guild meetings (6/yr).
- Have a “spring” and “fall” pattern collection with six patterns in each collection.
- Get an accounting system set up. (this means a more comprehensive system than I am currently using)
- Get professional advice on legal/licensing/tax issues. (I’m in pretty good shape here, but there are some details I need to nail down)
- Improve web site.
- Work 100 hours per month.
- Make 2 charity quilts.
- Blog at least twice a week (hopefully, more).
- Design 6 free projects/tutorials for the blog.
- Go to Beaver Island Quilt Retreat.
This is quite an ambitious list for me and it is likely I won’t be able to accomplish all these things, but I will work toward them as best I can. I would love to be able to commit more than 100 hours a month to my quilting life, but given the time that goes to paid non-quilting work and my family, 100 hours is realistic.I am really looking forward to 2010 and all the fun and challenging projects ahead! Do you set goals for yourself each year (quilting or non)?PS Sorry no construction pictures today – I got home yesterday after dark and there hadn’t been much progress due to the holiday weekend.